Friday, January 18, 2013

52 Week Photo Project - Week 3: Nightly Routine


This week's theme is "Nightly Routine" I decided to focus on Tuesday night because that is the night that all my kids have their extra curricular activities. I am just sharing two of the pictures I took here but you can read more about my intense Tuesdays on my personal blog.

I wanted to talk about black and white images. More specifically when do I convert a colored image to black and white. The answer is simple. If the image is more powerful as a B&W then I convert. If it doesn't add to the photo or it detracts from the photo then I leave it in color. In these particular images, I felt they were more powerful as B&W. There is some cool patterns going on along the back wall but the foam was a vibrant green color. In color it distracted the eye from the focus (Brock and his guitar). In B&W it was less distracting and the pattern was move obvious and interesting.


In this picture of Kassie, she is sitting in the dressing room. All the bags and cloths sitting behind her were distracting but in B&W they are less distracting and the focus returns to Kassie.

Now it is your turn to share! Add a link back to your blog and thumbnail of your picture below. You will be able to link your photo through midnight on Thursday, January 24th. Don't forget to link back to my blog from your blog post so that others can join. If you don't have a public blog to post your picture on you can post your picture in the Google + community. To join the Google+ community you need a gmail account and you will need to request an invite.There is a category set up for each week. Just click on the week 3 category and then add your picture and comment to the thread. You can check out the entire year's calendar and read more about this project on this post. If you have any questions or problems give me a call or email me. (435.764.3598, iotamaker@gmail.com) Next week's theme is "Something White."


No comments:

Post a Comment